If you’ve ever fancied dabbling with your own home-made ice-cream – then i’ve got a fantastic new book to giveaway – well 2 copies of it actually.
Perky looking ice cream queen Claire Kelsey, pictured above in her retro van, is the owner of Manchester-based Ginger’s Comfort Emporium. She’s been knocking people’s hats off at food and music festivals with her quirky flavours of ice cream.
She romped home as the overall winner of the 2012 British Street Food Awards and also landed the Best Dessert award for her intriguing sounding Marmalade on Toast ice cream.
If you’re a flavour experimentalist then this is definitely the book for you, with some really quite out there combinations going on:
- Guinness and gingerbread
- Chocolate, red wine, clove and black pepper
- White chocolate and pink peppercorn
But there are also some less challenging utterly delicious sounding ones like
- Sloe Gin Fizz
- Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel
- Rhubarb and ginger sorbet
Mmmmm if the sun won’t come out i’ll be making these flavours anyway godammit! If you want to try and catch Claire and her ice cream wares up close then visit her website for her latest events.
Otherwise, read on to find out how you can enter my competition to recreate her recipes at home…
Two copies of Melt by Claire Kelsey, published by Simon & Shuster and priced at £18.99
HOW TO ENTER…
Fill in the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
Entries are via a mandatory blog comment, with bonus entries via Facebook, Twitter etc
Please read the rules below
Closing date midnight 30th June, 2013
How Rafflecopter Works (short video)
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via Twitter
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to all readers over 18 with a postal address in the UK.
- The winners will be chosen via Rafflecopter using an online randomiser and announced in a subsequent post.
- I am running this competition on behalf of Simon & Shuster who will be organising sending out the prizes. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- They reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- The winners will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- No cheating please! I will check the winning entry to see that you have commented/tweeted/subscribed etc.
- There is one main way to enter and several ways to get bonus entries, including bonus daily entries. Follow the instructions in the form above, but please you MUST leave a comment on the competition blog page for any of your entries to count.
- If you already like/follow comment in the rafflecopter widget then let me know to get your entries.