I’m a crisps and dips kinda girl, it’s my go-to snack when an attack of the munchies descends, so I’ve come up with a Syn Free Slimming World Friendly Hummus recipe perfect for dipping vegetable sticks or low fat crisps in when you’re having a Netflix + Chill moment.
I really recommend whizzing up a batch at the beginning of the week, and then you’ve got it in the fridge to dip in and out of when the mood takes you.
What makes this Slimming World Friendly Hummus?
Well instead of the usual extra virgin olive oil and tahini, this spin uses a couple of generous dollops of fat free natural yogurt. There are still chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and salt, so you still get that familiar punchy flavour, just with a slightly lighter and fresher texture. It’s gorgeous!
And did I mention zero Syns!!! Hurrah!!!!
It’d make a lush thick salad dressing or jacket potato topper too. You could also customise it with your favourite flavours – smoked paprika, roasted red peppers or perhaps some fresh coriander? That’s the beauty of hummus, you can add what you like to it!
What to serve it with
- Slimming World Friendly Tortilla Chips – Use your HEX B or 6 Syns for a WW Wrap – get the instructions here
- Make a dipping platter by loading up a dish with chopped vegetable sticks, then spoon some hummus into pots and serve
- Spoon it over a nice fluffy Jacket Potato with lashings of salad
My Slimming World Progress Report
So where am I at with my weight loss? I’m still 5lbs away from target after being indulgent over half term and then poorly. So I’ve set myself a challenge of getting to my final target weight within the next two weeks. That’s 2.5lbs per week which I reckon is achievable. I just need to stay away from the wrong kind of snacks in the evening – and hopefully this Slimming World Friendly Hummus will help!
I just want to get it done! Visualising goals really helps me make things happen. I’m still walking like mad every day (27,000 steps yesterday!) and keeping detailed food diaries, so I’m really hopeful I can get there. I joined Slimming World at the end of March 2017 and still can’t quite believe that I’ve managed to lose over 4 stone since then.
Anyway I’ll keep you posted on my progress over the next fortnight and hopefully will be back with a triumphant post the week after next! Wish me luck!
A super quick and easy dip that's perfect for snacking on when the hunger pangs set in
- 400 g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 2 heaped tbsp natural fat free yogurt
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a pinch ground black pepper
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
More healthy dip ideas
- Yogurt Pomegranate Molasses Fresh Mint and Tahini Dip from Fuss Free Flavours
- Morrocan Bessara from Botanical Kitchen
- Feta and Yoghurt Dip from Ren Behan
- Kale, Coriander & Hemp Hummus from Tinned Tomatoes
- Butter Bean & Garlic Dip from Pinch of Nom
Pin this recipe to make later