I’ve been sent a Gin Advent Calendar from Drinks By The Dram to review. My life is officially complete. I can now look forward to 24 days of sampling different gins to soothe my festive stresses away.
Advent calendars used to be a flat piece of card with a bit of glitter thrown at it with simple nativity images behind each door, but these days it’s gone one step further from the chocolate ones and exploded into a luxury market of highly specialised calendars featuring things like make-up, posh skincare products, jewellery and even breakfast cereal (loving that idea btw as that’s breakfast for the kids sorted for the entire month!).
But for me, a gin advent calendar is the absolute perfect tonic during what is arguably one of the most stressful times of year. Plus it’s more Slimming World friendly than a chocolate one – there’s only 3 Syns in a measure of gin after all – winner!
Gin Advent Calendar contents
- 24 different, handmade 30ml wax-sealed drams
- Explore gins from across the world
- From boutique producers to world-renowned brands
- From light and citrusy to rich and rootsy
- Award-winning gins from famous distilleries
Want more detail?!
Okay, I’ve delved further to see what we can expect in case you’re wondering:
In no particular order so we don’t spoil the surprise…
- Edinburgh Gin Cannonball Navy Strength
- Tanqueray Rangpur
- Bathtub Gin
- City of London Square Mile Gin
- Whitley Neill Quince Gin
- The East India Company London Dry Gin
- Williams Great British Extra Dry Gin
- Anno 60² Gin
- St. George Botanivore Gin
- Marylebone London Dry Gin
- Yuletide Gin (That Boutique-y Gin Company)
- Kokoro Gin
- Bathtub Gin – Cask-Aged
- Scapegrace Gold Gin
- Mayfield Gin
- Spit-Roasted Pineapple Gin (That Boutique-y Gin Company)
- Rutte Dry Gin
- The Wrecking Coast Cornish Clotted Cream Gin
- Rives Special Gin
- Willem Barentsz Premium Gin
- FEW Breakfast Gin
- Ungava Gin
- Moonshot Gin (That Boutique-y Gin Company)
- Thompson’s Small Batch Gin
Such is the demand for the gin advent calendars, contents are subject to change. Fear not though, the advertised products will always be representative of the price range and diversity of the contents.
Hmmmm I love Bathtub Gin and I think Whitley Neill Quince Gin sounds divine. I’ve tried the Spit-Roasted Pineapple Gin before and it’s absolutely delicious. Cornish Clotted Cream Gin – uh hell yeah! The only trouble will be stopping at one window per day!
£124.95 – this is definitely a luxury item, but you can see from the sheer range of gins listed above, that this is for serious gin connoisseurs!
I adore the simple gold embellished cardboard packaging and the cute but generous little drams of gin. If I had the cash I would SO splash out on one as it’s a lovely and indulgent thing that’s perfect for gin loving mums like me. If you want to get in someone’s serious good books then this is IT!!!
Where can you get it?
Here’s a link to the stockists so you can get your hands on one before December hits! You’ll also find Whisky and Rum versions, and you can even get Gin Crackers too – well worth checking out.
Disclosure: I have been sent this Gin Advent Calendar free of charge in order to review it. All opinions are my own and genuine. I only recommend products I feel are a good fit with my audience and that I would buy myself.