If you’re feeling a bit delicate and need to kickstart not just your morning, but 2016 in general then you need to be whizzing up this banana, date and espresso smoothie and start thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions.
I’m very happy to be pressing the re-set button on life after a very challenging year not just in our household, but for a lot of my friends too. So I wanted to create an energy-giving smoothie to banish the negative and fanfare the start of a more positive era. I’m not normally one for making resolutions, but given it’s a new chapter it feels right this year.
So what’s on the list?
- The boys and I are going to join Matthew and go vegetarian for the month of January. This will make cooking easier as we’ll all be eating the same thing. I hope to experiment more with veggie food and create some real family favourites that shake up our weekly meal plans. After the indulgences of Christmas I want to try and get as much fruit and veg into our diets as possible.
- Rather than have a dry month, Matthew and I are going to endeavour to only drink alcohol at weekends. It feels like a more balanced approach.
- I need more exercise than simply walking the dogs, so i’ve downloaded the couch to 5k app to get my fitness levels back up to scratch. Once i’ve completed this I hope to up my exercising game and join in with the weekly parkrun 5ks on the seafront here. They also have a kids one so i’d like to get the boys involved too.
- Have faith in myself and my abilities. I want to have a great year creating my own work and dancing to my own tune.
- Learn to play the drums! We had a family lesson in December at the Yamaha Music School to get Arlo ready for having lessons of his own, but he wasn’t the only one who was loving it – I had the biggest grin on my face throughout! You’ve got to hold on to things that make you feel that good, so i’m going to save up so I can have drum lessons too.
What are YOUR thoughts for 2016? While you’re thinking about it, here’s the recipe for that delicious smoothie…
Happy New Year Smoothie
3 dates, stones removed
1 shot espresso
Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.
If you’re on the lookout for a decedent blender, I can whole-heartedly recommend my Optimum Froothie which always does such an incredible job of blitzing things to a perfectly smooth consistency. If you’re trying to clean up your diet this month, like so many of us, then this is definitely the right tool for the job!
Happy New Year everyone – thanks for supporting my blog and here’s to a bright, healthy and happy 2016 all round! xxx
As this recipe is cheap to make and uses up leftover fruit from the holiday season, I’m entering into Credit Crunch Munch hosted this month by Camilla over at Fab Food 4 All, supported by Helen at Fuss Free Flavours.
Disclosure: I am an ambassador for Optimum Froothie and have included affiliate links in this blog post. If anyone decided to purchase one of these blenders after reading my post and clicks on the link I will receive a small percentage of the sales.