Well it’s been a quiet couple of months here on Simple and in Season, so welcome to the small but perfectly formed round-up of seasonal recipes from January and February.
There are some delicious delights to inspire your meal plans for the month ahead, so do have a nosy through for some great ideas!
1. Pomelo Quinoa Smoked Salmon Salad
Monika from Everyday Healthy Recipes has created this gloriously refreshing looking salad! If you’re concentrating on a healthy diet, this is the lunch for you as it has no added sugar or ‘bad’ fats, only the ‘good’ ones (avocado, rapeseed oil, pistachios and salmon), fruit and fibre. I could dive straight into this.
2. Shredded Turkey and Soba Noodle Soup
Imagine tucking into this jar of deliciousness on a family walk! Home made pot noodles really are the business. I love reading Elizabeth’s blog, as she’s always out having adventures with her family where they live way up in Shetland.
3. Quick and Easy Vegan Tom Yam
I’m a sucker for soups, especially Thai inspired ones like this beauty from Nico at Yumsome. Delicious, hot and sour, this is the perfect pick-me-up if you’re feeling chilly and under the weather!
4. Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Pots
Clever Nico is back with another tempting recipe, this time she’s bringing the dessert. How is something so tempting looking possibly vegan?! I’m SO trying this out…
5. Pancakes with Caramelised Bananas + Homemade Nutella
And finally, we’re finishing this round-up of recipes with a flourish of pancakes – tiz the Season after all! Kat from The Baking Explorer has made her own spin on Nutella in the blender which looks totally divine paired with caramelised chunks of banana served up with creme fraiche and chopped hazelnuts on a pancake.
Thanks to everyone who’s supported Simple and in Season over the past couple of months and linking up all their wonderful seasonal recipes. Make sure you hook up with us for the next round when the green shoots of Spring will hopefully be featuring in lots of the recipes!
Join in with Simple and in Season for March!
Simple and in Season is a monthly food blogging event where you are invited to link up any of your seasonal recipe posts – anywhere in the world! Join a thriving community of home cooks who love to share their seasonal creations. Each month, there will be a round-up of all the entries.
- All you have to do is come up with a dish using any seasonal produce you like (savoury or sweet) post it on your blog, add a link to this post mentioning Simple and in Season and linking to www.feedingboys.co.uk and then manually add the link to your post in the box on each month’s launch page (click the badge on my Blog sidebar to find the current host)
- The linky will close on the 30th and a round up post featuring all the recipes entered will be posted at the beginning of each new month.
- You can take inspiration from anywhere – adapt a recipe from your favourite cookbook, try something from a magazine, make up your own creation or share a family favourite. The usual rules apply when using someone else’s recipe, please either get permission from the author to post it or adapt it in some way stating how/why you’ve changed it.
- Include any seasonal produce you fancy including fruit, veg, herbs, meat or fish.
- Link as many recipes as you like. You can link posts entered into other blog events or carnivals as long as it involves a seasonal food item (and fits in with their rules).
- The linky-up is open to anyone, anywhere, and although it will be nice to feature as much British produce as possible, it will be interesting to see what’s in season elsewhere.
- By entering your link, you are giving me permission to add your photograph to the round-up. I will link back directly to your post when I include you.
- If you have questions or problems, email me or leave me a comment in the comment box at the bottom of the post.
- If you are on Twitter or Instagram, tweet your link/photo adding the hashtag #simpleandinseason or add me @cookingkt and I will re-tweet it.