“Should I feed my toddler snacks? They’re always hungry, but i’m worried i’m over-feeding them.”
With so much conflicting advice flying around about what we should and shouldn’t feed our children, it can leave you wondering what the right thing is to do. Snacking is traditionally thought of as unnecessary and associated with unhealthy treats. However the right snack at the right time is actually just what toddlers need.
Dieticians agree that toddlers’ tummies aren’t big enough to take on board enough energy and nutrients from just three meals a day, so little ones need two to three snacks in-between, to boost energy, to fuel their explorations, and for healthy growth and development.
Dr Frankie Phillips, Nutrition Advisor to Organix, says the key is not to give them so much that they can’t then eat their meal.
“It’s all about good healthy snacking. Variety, a mix of sweet and savoury flavours and a balance of different foods are all important. So offer your little one lots of shapes, tastes and textures to help expand the repertoire of foods they eat, and this will also help ensure they’re getting a wider range of nutrients.
I’ve got a lovely bundle of Organix Goodies to giveaway to one of you, so if you’d like to stock up on healthy snack options for your toddler scroll down and find out how to enter.
£20 bundle of Organix Goodies products – they may vary from the products featured in this image
How To Enter
Fill in the Rafflecopter widget to verify your entries
Entries are via a mandatory blog comment, with bonus entries via Facebook, Twitter etc
Please read the rules below
Closing date midnight 30th October, 2015.
How Rafflecopter Works
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via Twitter
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to all readers over 18 with a postal address in the UK.
- The winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter using an online randomiser and announced in a subsequent post.
- I am running this competition on behalf of Organix who will be organising sending out the prize. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- They reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 48 hours another winner may be chosen.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- No cheating please! I will check the winning entry to see that you have commented/tweeted/subscribed etc.
- There is one main way to enter and several ways to get bonus entries, including bonus daily entries. Follow the instructions in the form above, but please you MUST leave a comment on the competition blog page for any of your entries to count.
- If you already like/follow comment in the rafflecopter widget then let me know to get your entries.