With a relocation 300 miles north underway and the start of the Birds Eye campaign, my life is more than a little hectic right now. Simple recipes are definitely how I’m rolling. Minimal ingredients and short cooking times but something that’s going to fill you up and feel nutritious.
Soup is the food you turn to when you don’t have lots of time, when you need comforting and also when you want to feel healthy. Basically it’s a little bowl of magic that soothes and restores.
This vibrant and zingy soup is a nod towards Spring, with iron-rich spinach married with lemon and mint to lift us out of the January doldrums. A scattering of seeds gives it crunch and some malty bread for dunking rounds this off nicely. I got the tasty loaf in this picture from Lidl, whose bakery section is a thing of wonder. I’m feeling anxious that I might not live near a Lidl when we move…
If you’d like the recipe for this gloriously green soup, then just nip over to the Channel 4 Website where you’ll get the lowdown. It’s one of those soups that feels like it’s cleansing your system, which has to be good?!
I asked my blogging friends for their best soup recipes so I could share them with you… and this is what they’ve come back with.
1. Easy Butternut Squash Soup with Bacon Brittle from Kavey Eats
2. Roasted Tomato, Red Pepper and Chorizo Soup from Fab Food 4 All
3. Super Frugal Pea, Potato and Lemon Soup from Fuss Free Flavours
4. Cheesey Broccoli and Spinach Soup from Tinned Tomatoes
5. Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Utterly Scrummy
6. Jerusalem Artichoke, Chestnut and Mushroom Soup from How To Cook Good Food
7. Tomato and Basil Soup from Hungry Healthy Happy
8. Red Lentil Soup with Harissa Croutons from Cook Sister
9. Roast Tomato and Pepper Soup from Maison Cupcake
And my lovely friend Helene as 5 Tips to eat soup with children that you MUST check out over on her beautiful blog Croque Maman
Here are some great blog events i’m hooking this recipe up with this month… check them out for even more inspiration
And finally Super Soups over at Jo’s Kitchen