A jar of pesto is a permanent fixture in my fridge. Whether you prefer home made or shop bought, the tasty green sauce can bring something special to run-of-the-mill recipes when you just want that extra taste fix.
At home I spread it onto fillets of fish before baking in foil, mix it with creme fraiche then slather onto puff pastry as the basis of a savoury tart and swirl it into home made tomato soup.
When we’re camping there’s nothing finer than a spoon of pesto stirred through hot pasta with a grating of cheese eaten out of mess tins around the fire.
Pesto afficionados Sacla have now come up with a recipe book packed with 70 recipes all using pesto. Some you’ll probably have come up with yourself, but others you may not have.
Personal favourites of mine from the book are:
- Macaroni cheese with tender leeks and pesto
- Potato and pesto gratin
- Tasty tomato pesto-stuffed vine leaves
- Baked papparedelle with pesto, porcini and pancetta
- Pesto veggie burger with quick salsa rossa
- Pesto baked potatoes with melting mozzarella
It’s a hugely family friendly cook book, with crowd-pleasing and comforting meal ideas that are ideal for weeknight suppers. Definitely one to have on the shelf when it’s back to school time and the kids are adjusting to being back in the classroom all day.
Win win win!
I’m delighted to tell you i’ve got 5 copies to giveaway, each worth £14.99, so make sure you enter my competition to stand a chance of bagging yourself one.
HOW TO ENTER…
Fill in the Rafflecopter widget to verify your entries
Entries are via a mandatory blog comment, with bonus entries via Facebook, Twitter etc
Please read the rules below
Closing date midnight 31st August, 2013
How Rafflecopter Works
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via Twitter
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to all readers over 18 with a postal address in the UK.
- The winners will be chosen via Rafflecopter using an online randomiser and announced in a subsequent post.
- I am running this competition on behalf of Sacla who will be organising the prizes. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- They reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- The winners will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- No cheating please! I will check the winning entry to see that you have commented/tweeted/subscribed etc.
- There is one main way to enter and several ways to get bonus entries, including bonus daily entries. Follow the instructions in the form above, but please you MUST leave a comment on the competition blog page for any of your entries to count.
- If you already like/follow comment in the rafflecopter widget then let me know to get your entries.
Disclosure: Thanks to Sacla for sending me a copy of their book Big Book of Pesto for this review